Updated: Aug 4
Top 10 Surprising Facts About Marriage: Why You Should Tie the Knot
If you and your partner are contemplating marriage, we've gathered some fascinating reasons that might just persuade you to take the leap. From health advantages to financial incentives, here are ten surprising facts about marriage that will have you saying "I do" in no time!
1. Happier Together: The Emotional Benefits of Marriage
Research from the National Bureau of Economic Research reveals that married individuals tend to be happier than their single counterparts. This happiness boost is equivalent to having an extra $100,000 in the bank each year!
2. A Healthy Union: The Physical Perks of Marriage
Marriage has been linked to numerous health benefits, including a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, and even certain types of cancer. Plus, married individuals are more likely to live longer than those who are single.
3. Financial Advantages of Marriage
From tax breaks to insurance benefits, being married can have some serious financial perks. Plus, two incomes are often better than one when it comes to saving for the future.
4. Expanding Your Social Circle: The Social Benefits of Marriage
Married couples often have a larger social network, which can lead to increased feelings of belonging and a lower risk of loneliness.
5. The Positive Impact of Marriage on Children
Children raised by married parents tend to have better educational outcomes and are less likely to engage in risky behaviors.
6. Mental Health Boost: The Psychological Benefits of Marriage
Married individuals are less likely to suffer from mental health issues like depression and anxiety.
7. Career Advancement: How Marriage Can Improve Your Professional Life
Married individuals tend to earn more and are more likely to be promoted than their single counterparts.
8. A Satisfying Love Life: The Intimate Benefits of Marriage
Contrary to popular belief, married individuals report having more satisfying and regular sex than their single counterparts.
9. Building Resilience: How Marriage Helps You Overcome Challenges
Married individuals are better equipped to handle stress and bounce back from life's challenges.
10. Celebrating Love and Commitment
Ultimately, marriage is a celebration of love and commitment between two people. And isn't that something worth celebrating?
Are you ready to tie the knot? If you're in the United States and need help getting a marriage license, check out our comprehensive guide on how to get a marriage license. Or, if you're ready to take the plunge and book your wedding online, visit our homepage!